What is computational linguistics?
A guide to some computational linguistic resources on the web
(Computational) Linguistics Resources/Institutions
from the University of Stuttgart.
- Computational linguistics links
ACL NLP/CL Universe.
- A large but disorganized listing of Computational
Linguistics/Natural Language Processing resources.
lab speech resources.
- The most comprehensive list of (engineering
approaches to) speech recognition/generation and acoustics.
Language Web resources (Kenji Kita, Tokushima U.)
- A little out of date
Computational Linguistics departments and programs
This list is just a few random places I go to.
List keep more comprehensive listings (but the Australian
Linguistics Network page is better for Australia).
SDSU Computational Linguistics Program
- Cornell Dept of Modern Languages
- Edinburgh Linguistics Dept and
Cognitive Science Dept
- Groningen BCN
- University of
Leuven Center for Computational Linguistics
- University of
- MIT Linguistics
Dept (including MIT
Working Papers in Linguistics publications information)
- New York University
- SOAS (School of Oriental and
African Studies), University of London (including their working papers)
- Stanford Linguistics Dept
- University of Sydney
Department of Linguistics
- University of Stuttgart
Institut für Maschinelle Sprachverarbeitung
(Institute of Natural Language Processing)
- Yale Linguistics Dept
Idiosyncratic listing of Computational Linguistic Companies
Nuance "Workflow" system
- Turn speech into words.
Lucent Bell Labs Text to
Speech system demo
- Turn words into speech (in English)! Or
ELF (English Language
Frontend) for MS Access/VB
Translation Experts Machine
Translation on the web
Text Analysis Intl: Text
Analysis framework (IE-style)
What is linguistics?
- Links to all the world's languages.
Successor to the famous "The Human-Languages
the same author, Tyler Chambers.
- Like the page above, a compnedium of information
different languages. Lots of fonts.
Yahoo's Human Languages and Linguistics page
- Scattered but interesting.
Fun (YourDictionary.com/Robert Beard)
Russell's Phonetics intro site
X-ray film of
the vocal tract
de Línguas e Linguística
- Language and linguistics links in Portuguese, Galician, and English.
Natural Language Processing (Rick Wojcik's).
- Good on research centers and Russian.
Library samples of English dialects
accents and reactions thereto
list of some software for linguistics from Johanna Rubba. A more
complete and organized list would be even better....
Listings of software
and managing linguistic annotations and for
exploration by Steven Bird.
- Java application for editing and checking phrase structure trees.
Internet Grammar of
Interactive Introduction to Linguistics
Annotated list of resources on statistical and
corpus-based computational linguistics
Language and Gender Page
The Virtual CALL
(Computer-Assisted Language Learning) Library
online computational linguistics demos listing
Ethnologue: Languages of the
World, 13th Edition, 1996
- A great overview guide to the world's languages. There's also a